Sunday, September 26, 2010

Job One At Rideau Hall: Buying It "In Bulk".

I've got good news and bad news: first, that of a pleasant variety -- our next Governor General, David Johnston, will be sworn in on Friday in the Senate. Now, the not so edifying -- did the new team remember to buy medicine for Acid Reflex Disease "In Bulk"???

God knows, the new GG will find out rather quickly how much he'll need it. This Prime Minister has the habit of running his Governor Generals by the nose (or at least trying to). Let me see, what's likely to be on the menu this time -- Prorogation Three, perhaps? How's about a contest of wills as to who gets to call the tune under any and all eventualities.

Because I like Johnston here's a wise hint -- gratis -- don't make himself cool his heels for hours at a time before being allowed the privilege of conversing with him. He's got all the cards and is only too willing to play them -- hopefully not to your detriment.

So good luck in your new job! Remember, the dispensary is only a few feet away...

4 comments:

  1. I've got the feeling, from where I'm not sure, that Harper may have just made the wrong pick with Johnstone??

    After all he is a constitutional scholar so he won't do something just because the PM asks him to. At least that's my thinking right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter,

    I suppose that's possible but I won't be betting the farm on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Ron I'm the eternal optimist. Still I don't think Johnstone will roll over as easily as Jean did .

    ReplyDelete
  4. All

    Latest info from Avaaz on their protest of the Fox North "Must Carry" application.

    Remember the CRTC License hearing is on Nov. 19. Get your protests in.

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/PCan/messages/?msg=89.1

    ReplyDelete